Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sad, sad world out there

Ok, this will be quick. I really love me a good mama blog. Seriously. MckMama and Ree Drummond (AKA The Pioneer Woman) write funny, honest, and thought provoking blogs. I love that both of them try to give back to the blog community to show their appreciation.

That said, there are some sick, sick people out there who prey on people's good hearts and emotions. A blog I had been reading recently, but didn't link to because something just felt "off", did in fact turn out to be a fake. Sad. A person apparently lied about being pregnant with a terminally ill baby and sucked a lot of people (and money if you count the 2 cents per hit her blog got) in with her story.

Why mention this? One word. CAUTION. The internet is NOT all true! (duh). As I think about my little man and the access to technology and the world that he will have compared to when Shawn and I were growing up, I am scared to think of what he could be exposed to.

By the way, I'm real. Shawn is real. Oliver, all 33 pounds of him, is real. Really real. Like, no nap yesterday real. Poor Dada! He got Oliver duty while I was out sweating it up with my girlfriend at step class. Sorry, had to get an Oliver story in there!

1 comment:

Andrew and Rebecca said...

That is really sad. What a sad, sad world.