Wednesday, June 17, 2009

MADE IT!

It is with utter and complete relief that I would like to report that my ninth year of teaching is OVER. YES!!!!!

On a totally funny Oliver note, when I went to pick him up at Kori's tonight he was out in the cul-d-sack wearing a toddler sized backpack and pushing a shop broom. Kinda weird, right? Kori said that once she put the backpack on him, he refused to take it off to the point he was all sweaty and waaay too hot. He was sooo p.o.'d at me that I wanted to take him home that he ran away from me for a block with the broom still in front of him! Maybe I'm not painting a good enough picture here, but it was pretty hilarious chasing my two year old down the block while he pushed a HUGE broom while wearing an empty Curious George backpack.

He spent the next 20 minutes in the car sobbing, snot everywhere, chanting "backpack, broom, backpack, broom..." Wow. Did that really happen to me?

1 comment:

Andrew and Rebecca said...

Don't you hate it when they don't want to come home with you. Come on - it's me, MOM!!!! We should always rank as first and most important person in the world!!! Forget grammas and baby-sitters!!