Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oliver at 2!

You may have noticed that I changed the picture at the top of the page. Today was Oliver's birthday two years ago. I thought it fitting that we all had a chance to look back and see how little "squiggle" was. 6lbs, 9 oz. 21 inches long. Today I put him on the scale. 31 lbs, last dr appt he was 34" tall (that was March). Tall and skinny!

At two, our little man:
-runs EVERYWHERE (even when I'm RUNNING with his jogging stroller, he is still chanting "run Mama run!". I AM YOU STINKER!!!)
-Loves to "fits it", loves his "turners" (screwdrivers)
-He's all boy. He adores "hell-coop-oohs" and "airpanes". Scroll down for the post on his broken nose. His love of spotting airplanes in the sky is what did him in!
-Not a fan of eating. Given his choice, he'd just drink milk all day and be done with the whole eating thing
-When he is "hun-ee" he prefers fruit (gapes!), "cheeps", and a new one just last night PIZZA. He actually ASKED for food last night. Since he's not spoiled at all, I totally ordered pizza for dinner on the sp0t....
-Oliver has his own language. Ollieglish. I know all toddlers do, but man, he can talk up a STORM. I have some pretty funny video that I'll try to upload tonight. (Imagine that...Oliver being talkative? Who would have known with two such QUIET, NON TALKING parents)
-Starting to like coloring and art projects. I can't wait until school is out! I bought him a big playdough set for his birthday, so we'll try that out tonight.
-Not sure how this worked out, but he is the easiest kid to get to nap and into bed. YES!
-Unfortunately, knows his favorite movies by name and will chant "CARS CARS CARS" when the song Life is a Highway comes on the radio.
-Knows and uses the word "funny". As in "Mama, when you fell it was sooooo FUN-EE!" or "Chasing Loki and Maui until I am almost puking with laughter is FUN-EE!"
-Speaking of the cats. Loki loves Ollie. Maui...not so much. He runs the second Oliver is in his vicinity.
-Best part for Dada and I right now? Oliver says "I wuv ooooo" and totally means it. He is really great at giving "huuugs" and "keeeses". He'll pucker up for anyone. I'm not kidding. When we were in Bozeman in January one of Shawn's cousin Kolby's friends babysat for us. Within literally 5 minutes of her showing up and sitting next to him on the bed he had laid one on her. We are SOOOO in trouble when he's in school!

Since I'm at school (no kids! camp! report cards done!) and I don't really have access to my photos, I'll be sure and post some recent ones this evening. I really promise. I swear I do!

1 comment:

MommyBrain said...

Happy "official" Birthday, Oliver. We are so glad we were able to celebrate with you at Kids Quest; we had a blast!

It's so fun to see the differences between boys and girls ... Oliver is all about tools and cars. Natalie loves her "babee dawls" and animals. Of course, Natalie picks up a worm any chance she gets - ugh!

Thanks for the photo update in the other post - you take good photos!

Oh, and Happy Recent Birthday to you, too. My 35th is in January - how is that possible?