Thursday, June 25, 2009

FREE photo editing class!

Run, don't walk to this site!

http://www.jessicasprague.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=976:free-photo-editing-class&catid=1:latest&Itemid=148

Jessica Sprague is known as the final name in digital scrapping (which I don't do much of, I like the creative process associated with the "real" thing, but the photo editing and enhancing is something I do A LOT). She is offering a free class in using Photoshop and Photoshop Elements to add frames, masks (really cool way to shape your photos or add a grungy effect, see below...), and layers to change the look of your photos. I have all of her books, and she is really user friendly. If you have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, it's a great FREE FREE FREE class starting July 6th. You have to register 22-28th of June, but then you can access the class content starting on the 6th at your own pace.

Even if you don't have Photoshop, you can download a 30 day trial and this is a good way to see if it's something you want.

For my local friends, if you like, I'm more than happy to spend an afternoon with you showing you some of the basics and some fun EASY tricks with it. Let me know! Oliver has been taking monster 3 hr afternoon naps, so we could eaisly sit in my little yard with laptops and have some fun!

Here's an example of some of the fun things you can do (be sure to click on the photos to see the effects better):

SOOC shot: (straight out of camera, thanks Pioneer Woman for that little abbrevie!)


Then, just some quick levels and hue/saturation adjustments. Not too much, it was pretty good to begin with.




First clipping mask that I love, a torn edge look.



Probably one of my all time favs right now, this grungy scratched up look. Gives it kind of an "old photo" feel.

Number one thing to remember, this is easy and fast! So, who's in on the class with me?!?!


One more example with the grungy mask; I used three copies of it and layered it all onto digital scrapbook paper (sick sick obession I have here, isn't it?!??!)

No comments: