Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The 26 Days of Thanksgiving

Ok, I'm a bit late on the bandwagon here, but there is a Facebook thing going on where you post once a day something you are thankful for. I'm going to take it a bit further, and do something like Ali Edward's "December Daily" album. While I love the idea of recording our holiday season and traditions, I'm not sure the December Daily is the approach I want to take.

Recently, I got our family albums all organized and set up so that I don't feel the need to scrapbook chronologically (Stacy Julian's Photo Freedom system, AMAZING!!!!), and my photos are organized in the same way so that I can feel free to pick and choose what I want to do. This allows me to either create pages for our category albums (The Story of Us, People We Love, Things We Do, Places We Go) or mini-albums like my annual Halloween album (I'll post picts of last years and this years soon). I can now find any photo, any memory, pretty quickly. It will allow me to pull pictures for the following idea...

The idea for my "26 Days of Thanksgiving" is to make a simple mini-album with what Shawn, myself, and Oliver are thankful for every year; what an amazing legacy to give our son as he grows! Since I might not get to it ASAP, I'm going to use this lil ol' blog to post my picts with my "Thankful For" statements, and it allows me to do some blogging for all of you (ok, only like three people actually read this anymore...I've been bad at posting since school started!)

To get the ball rolling, here is my first "page"

November 1: Carrie

My Memory. I am so thankful to have a memory like a steel trap. One that helps me remember exactly what my son's voice sounds like when he's making gestures like this:

Which is pretty funny, since I didn't even go that day with Oliver and Dad to the fair! "No, no, mine tractor!" still rings in my head when I see this picture. Thank You God, for a memory that allows me to keep what is important right in my mind.

No comments: