Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star...

Ub abbuuuuv, Ub abbuuuuv...This is what Oliver boy is now chanting as I sing along with his ni-night music box. It's always right on time too, just after "How I wonder what you are". Melts my heart that he "sings along" now.

Oliver and music. Wow. I know all babies and toddlers are naturally musical creatures, but he REALLY loves music. Anything comes on the TV, commercial jingle to music video, and he's bouncing and swaying with the music. In the car we listen to XM Kids and the "YEAAH TOAST!!" song busts him up EVERY TIME. He bounces his shoulders in time, claps his hands, yep this boy got the Sorenson genes in the music department! Which is good...mama can't carry a tune in a bucket!

That's not to say I don't love music. I'm almost fanatic about Gaelic Storm. They are a crazy, amazing Celtic band who sing about love, the sea, and whiskey. Hey, they're Irish-what do you expect!?!?! I've got to get my boy jigging soon, or get him a fiddle. :-)

Love my singing boy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
I am so glad you started this site. I love seeing all the pictures of our little boy. Seattle is so-o-o far away, so these pictures and your stories about Oliver help us feel like we aren't missing so much of his baby years. (We miss you and Shawn too of course!!) Thanks, for giving us Sorenson's credit for Oliver's musicality. Tell Shawn to put a video on of him singing sometime. Have you seen pictures of Hannah lately? I told Perry I needed pictures of Hannah weekly so we could get our baby-fix. She is a little princess, what a cutie!
Take care of little Oliver!
Love you all, Mavis