Friday, September 19, 2008

Sick Ollies...

Ok, I know most parents (understandably!) hate it when their kiddos are sick, and if every little bug our man caught was like the one in March (see our spaces site, scared the life out of me), I would hate it too. But, I have to reluctantly admit, I suck up every minute of Oliver neediness. When he doesn't feel good, like the last two days (pretty minor-just a seriously runny nose), he wants to...CUDDLE!!!! This is a go, go, go boy. NO hugs, absolutely NO kissies, and you better not even think about sitting still during a book. When he's sick though, just like Daddy :-) he wants to be babied. I LOVE IT!!!

Last night, he woke up stuffy and unable to sleep. He pulled up his soft blankie, snuggled in on Mom's side, and rocked for an hour. His little hand was playing with the edge of my robe, just by my heart. Melted every inch of it too. Hummed along with his Twinkle, twinkle, and I kept on rocking even though I knew he was asleep.

Made me think about sitting in the NICU with him falling asleep on my chest. He was so little, just barely fit under my two hands. Now it's all I can do to fit us both into the rocking chair (ok, maybe Mom needs to loose that post nursing weight! HA!). He's so big and independent now, but I love that he still needs his mommy. I hope that never changes, no matter how much taller he gets than his vertically challenged mother.

We love our boy...

No comments: