Monday, September 15, 2008

Tagenator and the Lawrensons

Just a quick note about the blogs I "follow". Tage Daniel is the son of Shawn's cousin Kolby. She and her hubby Justin welcomed Tage into the world in January with a few challenges. With mommy and daddy's caring hearts and hands, and a crew of great doctors at Children's Hospital in Denver, Tage is now growing like mad and breathing better every day. Take a minute to give the Carriers a note of support and see the cute smiles that Oliver's cousin is showing to the world.

While I don't personally know the Lawrensons, their story really inspired me to explore my faith again. Nate and Tricia (who has cystic fibrosis) were working to get Tricia listed on the transplant list last fall for the new lungs she so desperately needed due to her advanced CF. Surprise, surprise, a different prayer was answered for them at the same time-they were expecting their first baby. Rather than terminate and put Tricia on the transplant list, they opted to carry the pregnancy as far as they could. Baby Gwyneth was born at 24 weeks, mommy was on a ventilator, and placed back on the transplant list. Prayers were answered and Tricia received her new lungs on her husband's birthday!! Tricia and Gwyneth are now home, dealing with some issues from the baby's prematurity and post-transplant lymphoma (seriously, could these people have ANYTHING more to get through!) but are doing well.

The part that stuck with me, besides it being an amazing story of love and hope, was their faith. I would be mad at the world, hating the place that I had been put in. Instead, this family uses their situation to show people just how thankful they are to God for every day they get. They are also huge advocates for paying it forward, and their site is worth the read. Take a minute to read about this amazing family. It will not fail to inspire. Nate, if you ever read this, thank you for showing me just what I could have missed in my life without a major change in outlook.

Here's the reason I write, the reason I strive everyday to make myself the best person I can be:

Love my boy...