Thursday, October 1, 2009

Why I "run"...

I'm "running" a half marathon in 9 days. In 9 days I will be pushing my body to keep a steady 4 miles an hour despite blisters, burning calves, and low energy levels. Why?

I am doing this because I want my husband to believe that when I say I will do something, I WILL do it.

I am doing this to say I did something BIG that I HATE to do. I HATE running, I HATE pushing myself physically. I did 8 miles last Sunday, and the only way I got through it was because I was starving at mile 5 and powered through my last three miles so I could go get food. Sad.

I am doing this because I hoped it would get easier and I would become a "runner". Yeah, right. I still hate it on the days I'm not feeling it.

I am doing this because I want another baby, but I'll be damned if I get pregnant weighing what I did a month before I delivered Oliver.

I am doing this because, selfishly, I want some recognition. Recognition for sticking with something. Recognition for taking positive steps in my life.

I am doing this because my sister Megan rocks, and her positive outlook on life is one I'd like to emulate.

I am doing this to be a positive example for this lil man...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! And for the record, I feel the same way about running. Exactly. I HATE it. But I need to do it more often...

Andrew and Rebecca said...

Here's some recognition - I'm proud of you!! Good luck on Sunday. Your run and your reasons for doing it are an inspiration for myself and others.

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

YOU ARE AWESOME! Before my last pregnancy.. I did the SAME THING... but only a 10k... but I felt SO EMPOWERED.. and did it for the SAME reasons.

I cried at the beginning of the race and when i crossed the finish line...

and i cried in pain for the next 56 days. lol

can't wait to hear.
supah