Monday, July 13, 2009

Day Eight: Using Type with texture

Yes, I know. There is no day 7 photo. Day 7 was a quiz to recap the week, and I must say I did pretty well.

Day Eight is using texture+text. I already used text on some photos (Xmas card this year!), so today was somewhat review. But, Jessica Sprague showed a few design tips and pointers with Photoshop Elements that I wasn't aware of. It's not even the "full" version of Photoshop (that's Creative Suite 4 or CS4, it's like $660 even with my educator discount...YIKES) but it is so full of functionality that it would take some serious doing to get me to "upgrade". Like winning a copy at http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/. But I digress.

I'm not including a SOOC pict, as I didn't change it very much. However, I love this picture of Shawn and Oliver (last year before he could walk), and I think it's only fitting that the text refers to one of our favorite Tom Petty songs.

I also used one of those cool old viewfinder frames for this. It put a subtle grunge on the photo, but I especially love the black edges. Draws your eye in.


No comments: